Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Central Pennsylvania Airsoft. This forum serves the Central Pennsylvania Airsoft community, helping to unite players and further promote the growth of airsoft in the area.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 saltwater <><ing
Topic Started: Feb 11 2017, 10:10 PM (3,002 Views)
Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I made my 2017 debut for surf fishing today and came up empty handed.

I started surf fishing in 2013 and now after my 5th season debut I have only landed a fish once on my annual debut day.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
So I have started with 2 busts this year. Planning to go fishing tomorrow. It'll be a it chilly to be wading in the water with a high of 70 tomorrow, but I want to try that. Also, I am planning to stay here in Hancock county and see what I can catch. I got a new spot I want to try. May switch up rigs too.

Red man
Member Avatar
0_0
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good luck!

surfer
Member Avatar
The mod
I remember coming down to mississippi to fish. Me and my buddys went 3 years in a row for a week each time. We stayed in pascagoula where my one buddy had family and parked our camper there and sent out from the boat launch. I pulled the camper with my Ford and we had a Dodge that hauled the 20' boat. We'd go out 5 to 10 miles, sometimes a little further and catch stuff. Caught drum and a cobia out there. What I want to do is go back down there and focus on fishing from shore. Because there's so much there with bayou, bay, and fishing in the sound/surf.
- Surfer -

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I finally landed my first fish of the season, a 18" hardhead. My second largest hardhead according to my records (biggest was 20").

Red man
Member Avatar
0_0
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's rare for me to get anywhere close to saltwater because it's a 6 hour drive to ocean city md from here. I've been there twice. The last time was about 5 years back.

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I went after flounder yesterday with no luck.

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
Cleaning fishing equipment this weekend. No fishing occurred. I'm alright with delaying a bit as we wait for warmer waters and temps to nudge into the 80s more consistently.

I'm also thinking of investing in a wade fishing setup because I wade a lot and my big 11' rod and 8500LL reel is heavier than I need to be carrying out in the water. So I'm thinking build my same setup but in a downsized 9' length and with a 5500 reel.

surfer
Member Avatar
The mod
This year I'm not sure if I want to make my 3rd annual trip to the outer banks or if I want to go back to the gulf. Hmmmmmm!
- Surfer -

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
That's a hard cal surfer. I have visited the NC coast on two fishing trips and it was a great time. Gulf coast many many trips and now I'm down here full time. What's the driving distance for each from you?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Current weather conditions in our community

Latest Pequea, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Potter County, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Hagerstown, Maryland, weather

Latest Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, weather Latest York, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Elkins, West Virginia, weather

Latest Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Bedford, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Altoona, Pennsylvania, weather