Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Central Pennsylvania Airsoft. This forum serves the Central Pennsylvania Airsoft community, helping to unite players and further promote the growth of airsoft in the area.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 saltwater <><ing
Topic Started: Feb 11 2017, 10:10 PM (3,001 Views)
Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Possibly going to head for a night fishing outing tonight. Could be my last night outing of the year. I am eyeing a day fishing trip come Sunday.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
7 hardheads including the biggest one I ever caught. Also interesting is how on 3 occasions I caught 2 fish on the same rig and one of those times I had two fish on the same hook. Very bizarre.

I also clinched my 100th career Harrison county hardhead and have now caught 102 in Harrison county. I also have 80 hardheads in Hancock county and 6 in Mobile county, AL for a total of 188.

surfer
Member Avatar
The mod
not bad
- Surfer -

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
6 hardheads
1 white trout
1 ground mullet

surfer
Member Avatar
The mod
Maybe you should try fishing in the hurricane
- Surfer -

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I am really busting in Florida. At risk of being shut out on 2 straight days for the first time since february.

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I put a defiant end to those fears by hauling in a 29" red drum! On the board in florida!

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I have mostly capped off the season after 4 weeks of no fishing, but I'm going to give it one more go for a late season attempt. Colder waters will make things challenging but reports indicate there's some upside with fishing right now.

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I caught one skate today and that was it for the day.

2017 in review:

It was a massive year. I fished more than in all prior years combined.

I fished 41 times (up from 8 last year), catching fish on 34 of those attempts for an overall rate of 83% (up from 63%). I caught 211 fish (up from 10), including 28 that were 20" or greater.

I averaged 5.16 fish per outing, up from 1.25 last year.

I set career highs in every category.

By Species: I caught 186 hardhead catfish, 4 Gafftopsail, 2 white trout, 12 skates, 5 red drum and 2 kingfish.
--------

My take: A monumental year in many ways. I need to find ways to get off the hardheads next year. Also notable was the lack of any sharks. For a year of so much fishing, it is my only year since 2013 (my first year) without a shark. I also again failed to catch any specs or flounder.

--------

We'll start the 2018 season with a pier attempt in January, followed by another in February. We'll fish off the beach starting in March. I'm not going to have as many early season outings like last year when I attempted to beach fish in February 4 times and only caught 1 fish. We'll wait for water temps to come up in March and then see what we got.

surfer
Member Avatar
The mod
That's a monster year!
- Surfer -

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Current weather conditions in our community

Latest Pequea, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Potter County, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Hagerstown, Maryland, weather

Latest Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, weather Latest York, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Elkins, West Virginia, weather

Latest Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Bedford, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Altoona, Pennsylvania, weather