Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Central Pennsylvania Airsoft. This forum serves the Central Pennsylvania Airsoft community, helping to unite players and further promote the growth of airsoft in the area.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
2017 in review
Topic Started: Jan 1 2018, 12:59 PM (591 Views)
Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DECEMBER:

We ended the year on a low point at just 302 posts. It was the only month of the year below 400. It was a busy month for many of us including me.

We had 24 new topics created which is just 1 off from 25 in November.

We had 16 attempted user registrations but I determined that all were spam accounts.

------------------

2017:

We entered the year riding the beginning of an uptick. Posting rose from several year lows in the mid 200s in September 2016 back into the mid 400s by the end of the year. In early 2017 the upward trend continued. We cracked above 500 posts in February for the first time in 10 months then did it again in May and June. But in July we would break above 600, going all the way to 692.

From there the uptick fizzled. Posting drew back into the 400s for most of the rest of the year besides breaking into the 500s for October (which broke many year long cruse of month-to-month losses for October).

Looking ahead to 2018 we have to prioritize bringing the existing central PA airsofters to the site and injecting new life into our forum. This forum over the last 5 years we have trended towards having veteran posters only with very little new member activity.

-------------------

Comparing to 2016:

Posting activity was more consistent and reports seemed more encouraging than what we saw in 2016, but overall posts fell from 7268 to 5639. If you take "games-holiday" spam that went on in 2016 out of the mix you get only a very narrow decline.

467 new topics were created in 2017 and that was up considerably over 295 in 2016, though it is worth noting that 2016's number was a 6 year low. Rewind to 2014 and we saw 825 topics created that year.

92 new accounts were created in 2017, but this is an increasingly bogus statistic. In the forum's hey-day we hovered around 100 accounts per year, but did not have the spam issues that we have today. I estimate that roughly 90% of new sign-ups were spam accounts in 2017.
Online Profile Goto Top

surfer
5000+ posts
December's total is a spoiler for the year. I think we exceeded expectations for the year overall. There was a few fun high points. July and October stand out to me. May marathon wasn't a big effect this year but good enough to be one of the better months still.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anonymous
Member Avatar
Veteran III
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah for being mainly us 3 posters I'm surprised with what we did do.
Greater love hath no man, then to lay down his life for his brother's. John 15:13
Offline Profile Goto Top

Red man
Member Avatar
0_0
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Red Man factor was lacking in 2017
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
We'd love to have it back in full swing for 2018 :D
Online Profile Goto Top

Anonymous
Member Avatar
Veteran III
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And we're missing quartz
Greater love hath no man, then to lay down his life for his brother's. John 15:13
Offline Profile Goto Top

surfer
5000+ posts
Yeah. I think their whole team has been dormant in the sport for a while
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tennessee Rob
Somewhat New
[ *  * ]
I missed the whole year. No fantasy football!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Red man
Member Avatar
0_0
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rob now that you mention that, nova have you heard from pbr lately? Was wondering how he was doing
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nova
Member Avatar
Polar98 CO
I haven't heard from him in a while. I'll see if I can get back in touch. He moved to Arizona.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Current weather conditions in our community

Latest Pequea, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Potter County, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Hagerstown, Maryland, weather

Latest Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, weather Latest York, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Elkins, West Virginia, weather

Latest Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Bedford, Pennsylvania, weather Latest Altoona, Pennsylvania, weather